Monday, January 5, 2009

Back at Manatee Cove

Just before Christmas Break, I said goodbye to the class I'd been teaching for 5 weeks. I knew I'd miss them, but being typical kids, they didn't seem to care that I was leaving.

Late last week, I got a call from their teacher, and due to a family illness, she's unable to come back from maternity leave just yet. Back to the room I go, and I'm thrilled with be back with this group of kids. They are truly fantastic.

Of course, they aren't thrilled to see me. Instead of smiles, I got dirty looks and one "Oh Come On!!! You said we were getting our REAL teacher back!" comment. Sigh... At least they are good and fun and having fun, even if they want their real teacher back.

I don't blame them. I still wonder what it would have been like if my 1st grade teacher hadn't left to have a baby. She never came back, and I still don't see her replacement as the "real" teacher. She's still only a substitute to me.

I hope this week goes well with this group and that, should they still need me, next week is great too.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment